Search Engine

Why I Retired

At a certain point I knew I was going to have to give up posting even if I didn't like to think about that moment. At first I was contemplating doing it when FVCK track attacked me on penntrack. That was a thought derived from anger, however, not true disatisfaction with posting in general. Plus, that was no way to finish my career, swallowed up in abuse.

I thought after I graduated high school would have been a logical place to give it up but I couldn't resist going back every day to penntrack and posting. Ironically, at my graduation I saw Scott Armstrong in the crowd, a person who I never would have met if not for my double life as etrain. So again I put my retirement on hold.

But last night as I was laying in bed it hit me that I was not in love with penntrack posting anymore. I can honestly say I hadn't been on penntrack in a week at the time which, for me, is a lot. I hadn't been making etrain status updates at all. I was failing in my production of the Oscars which I had had such high hopes for. I knew I wasn't doing the job I needed to as etrain, and I didn't want to retire as an out of touch hanger on. Besides I have overstayed my welcome. I am in college now and penntrack is a high school stat. I never liked when the college freshman came back to my senior prom and I think what I'm doing is similar.

So as I leave penntrack now I still see many quality posters left and the forums are doing better than they have in the past. The oscar nominees alone proved that there are plenty of capable posters left online including runthrowjump who I had the pleasure of meeting at a track meet. The passion these posters have is just as great as mine was.

I'm going to miss being etrain. I have a lot of fond memories thanks to my posting. I once checked in at a track meet and some coach asked me, "Aren't you one of those penntrack posters?" It was one of the best days ever.

But I am still etrain. I still plan to follow the sport only in a different way. I plan to still maintain my fan page and this blog and if my supporters or fans need something from me they will be able to find me.

I am sorry to anyone who in the past I may have creeped out such as Chris Trimble the first time I meet you in Born to Run when you sold me shoes.

Everyone has made me feel very special for just being a glorified nerd who loves track and I can't thank the trainstation enough for being supportive and kind and interested. I have nothing but fond memories.

I will still be accepting signatures on the box as long as people still ask me to sign their coloring books.

Keep penntrack strong, I am now the past and you are the future.

In this game of track and field you can call me Mel Kiper.

Sincerely,
Jarrett Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment