Search Engine

Greatest 4x8 Race

Alright so my first post was all serious and what not so I thought we could have some fun in the next section. I use what I call the "JF era" as the four years I was in high school. Using only runners from that era, I like to build a team's "all-time" relays. For example, all-time Upper Dublin's 4x8 would be: Palmisano '09, Reilly '09, Reilly '09, and Ellison '10. Cedar Crest would have Feinstein and Troxell from '08, while they would also have Jackson and Galli from '10. Baldwin would have Hobart, Wolfe, James and Logan.

Once you build these teams my favorite part is to pretend the race is actually happening and project how fast each runner could run in ideal conditions with no trials race or doubling happening in the race. It's fun to see how things unfold and which teams have been the best over my era.

So I'm still doing some research now but the hot heat of the 4x8 will be going down soon on this very blog! 10 teams made the hot heat and here is who they are in no particular order:
1 CB South
2 Upper Dublin
3 Baldwin
4 North Penn
5 C0uncil Rock
6 Cedar Crest
7 CB West
8 Engineering and Science
9 Wissahickon
10 Henderson

Think it over, have fun with it, and soon the race flow will be up on this very blog!

Yes this is what I do with my free time .....

3 comments:

  1. Souderton

    '09 Heckman
    '10 Mueleners
    '10 Portock (even though I went faster in '09 technically)
    '82 Lane Wurster (split a 1:55 I think, had a 4:20 mile)

    Mueleners-Wurster-Portock-Heckman, adds up to roughly a 7:36 using PR splits

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only using runners from the JF era (Times from '07-'10) because these are the runners I saw in person and studied in detail in order to understand their true potential ability and relay splits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okey dokey, then '09 jachwak with a 1:56.7

    ReplyDelete