Search Engine

I'm Sick ... Not in the cool way

So I've been sick over the past few days, I still managed to make it to the association meet on friday night, but the next morning I woke up with an 102 degree fever so... needless to say my posting ability has been restricted. Plus one of the comments a little farther down on this page I missed, asking about why I called this XC season a "huge down year". Perhaps "huge" was a little bit of an overexaggeration, but heck I'm going to stand by what I said. I commented back on the post itself but just to make sure that whoever said commenter was sees my response I figured I'd post it up here for you guys to lay into me about how wrong I am. Read away:

First of all, you said it yourself, the times on the whole were down. If Juniors are that dominate at the top of the states results that is a sign that it is a down year. The Junior class is good, they will be fast at states next year, yes, yes I agree, but the Senior Class is the clear indicator of how good the state was really. Unless the Jr class is Ed Cheserek, Joe Rosa, Craig Lutz good, the state can't be that great and be dominated by Jrs, really across the board. Conner Quinn wasn't even the top guy on his team for most of the year, let alone the state. The top guys were incredibly inconsistent besides Wilson and a few AA guys. There was no dominance, there was no Brad Miles or Paul Springer.

As for Beveridge take note of how much he won that race by and what the conditions were like that day. It was hot out that day, it was a beautiful day this year. Weather is a huge factor in XC, its like trying to compare the 2 mile at states each year, you can't really do it. Fischer's year the weather was way better and the pace was much faster than this past year with Glenn and Hebda. No disrespect to Fischer of course, he still ran 9:03 and that's fast regardless of the condition outside, but I think favorable conditions helped him edge out guys like Dennin and Weller and Aldrich's 3200m times at states.

For further proof just look at our results on a national level, we had 3 guys qualifiers last year, the year before that we had 3 and the year before that (down year again, we just had 1), then the year before that we had 3 again (possibly could have had 4). So I'm just saying this year was a down year. Especially for AAA boys which, not to be rude, is where the depth of the state that year is really determined.

-train

ps sorry for the late response hope you see this

No comments:

Post a Comment