Search Engine

March Madness and Fantasy Track

We are getting in the spirit of the times here on the blog and we are hoping you will join us. First off, it is March, and that means it's March Madness time! I'll be pulling out the brackets while I'm at school and scoring all the College Basketball Action, but it doesn't mean we can't have some fun here on the blog.

What I will be doing is collecting the 32 best distance races from the past two years (Outdoor Track 2011 to Winter Track 2013) and will put them together into a bracket to be voted on by you, the fans, and we will determine  a winner based on the votes.

What I need from you is some ideas for the bracket! The races should highlight PA talent on the distance side, but the races don't have to be all PA races or even HS races as long as they show off that PA don't play. Some of the top nominees already coming to mind are: XC States 2012, Footlocker Regionals 2012, NBIN 4xMile, PTFCA 3000m and the AAA Outdoor States 1600m in 2011. Post up nominees as comments and I will have the bracket made up, ideally, by selection Sunday at 6pm on March 17th.

I also wanted to introduce a new fantasy track system that I would like to put in place. This will be a season long event that should be a lot of fun. Here is how it works.

Your team consists of 12 runners of your choosing. There will be a draft on a chosen night to determine who gets each runner, similar to other fantasy drafts done in the other sports and in the past through the blog. The goal is to draft the fastest team. The question is, how do we decide which squad is fastest? Well, I'll tell you. Using only open times through the season at Invitational meets with results posted online, we will create a total time for each team. Each team is scored using the following:
2 3200m
3 1600m
4 800m
1 4x800m
Each individual runner can only account for one event. As you can see you will have 2 "bench" runners as extras. The standings are updated throughout the season. The team with the fastest time after the STATE MEET wins. No other post season marks will be counted. You can chose which runner's you would like to count for each event and you can change which runner counts for each event throughout the season as many times as you'd like. For example if Tom Coyle opens up the season in 1:53 he can count for your 800m, but then if he later runs 4:15 or 9:02 you may want to switch him around. If you don't specifically tell me where you want each runner to count I will do my best to give you the fastest possible combination of your runners.

If you have any other questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, blah, blah, technical stuff feel free to comment it up here or hit me up on facebook. If you want to join the league, send me a facebook message. My name is Jarrett Felix for those of you who don't know. Tell your friends and get involved! I'll update the standings weekly and post up results on the blog so everyone can get a feel for how the fantasy season is going.

The draft will most likely take place online on March 27th so I need all entries by then.

Send feedback on the fantasy draft and on the bracket below! I'm hoping to work with Forrest and make some cool videos to help promote this stuff as well! Hope you guys are as excited as I am about this outdoor season.

Peace.

9 comments:

  1. Etrain has a list of his own of 35 races, I haven't seen it yet and decided to make my own. These are NOT in order by best race. Was just thinking off the top of my head, he's probably got some different stuff. I just want to get some races out there
    Top 32 Races from outdoor 2011-indoor 2013

    800m 2012 indoor states
    3000m 2013 Indoor States
    4x800 2013 Indoor States
    Magaha’s 800m record Jack Armstrong invite
    2011 Ches-Mont’s XC – GV vs. Henderson
    XC (Todaro vs. Kennedy) – I forget the invite
    XC Briarwood (2012)
    XC States 2012 AAA
    XC States AA 2012
    XC States A 2012
    800m at PUMA – Willig vs. field (stone)
    800m at Henderson Distance Festival
    2012 Outdoor States Mile (Coyle over Huemmler)
    2012 Outdoor States 800 Wil Bailey big win
    3200 (pre-Regionals @Henderson)
    5000m Outdoor nationals (Shearn and D. Wilson)
    3200 District One 2012
    NBIN 2011 (Pennridge 4x800)
    NBIN 2012 – 4xMile
    Willig 1k
    Magaha Mile record (O 2011)
    4x800 (O 2012)
    5000m @ CRN Invite (2012)
    Baldwin Invite 3200 (2011) – North Hills Trio vs. Gil
    3000 Yale Invite (2013)
    Footlocker Regionals 2012
    2011 AAA States
    PTFCA Track classic 3200
    PTXC 2012 – Sam Williams win?
    2011 PUMA 1600 – Nate McClafferty big win (10 guys sub 4:25)
    3200m States 2011
    Penn Relays DMR 2012 (LaSalle 3rd in 10:10)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No NXN Regional(2012)? Sending two PA teams to Nats was pretty big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NBIN Mile Race Walk was pretty epic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you for commenting this.

      --ForrestCRN

      And yeah, there were a lot of great XC races this year, it gave me trouble cuse I didn't want to put all of the on there. NXN should be on the list though, I agree, honestly thought it was. --That list above is mine, i forgot to tag myself

      Delete
  4. Hey is there anyway to enter the Fantasy Track League without a facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, there is, you can email me your info and i can put you in, as of right now though, no one has signed up to be in the league, so we will see if it happens ... jf245031@muhlenberg.edu is the email

      Delete
  5. Guys I think one of the best races of the last two years was definitely last year's 4x8 at Outdoor States. You just can't beat a finish like that. Especially when it's between two D3 teams ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Best finish of all time. Hands down.

      Delete
  6. 2012 outdoor 4x800 and 2011 outdoor 3200 are up there for me personally.

    ReplyDelete