Search Engine

I Have A Problem

They say the first step to recovery is to admit that you have a problem. Well folks, I do. I'm going to be honest, I have a drug problem, and my drug is running. And I'm not talking about my serious obsession with stats and dates and times and all that stuff. No, no, no. That stuff doesn't give me a high. I enjoy it, but its a hobby, like collecting stamps or surfing. No, I'm talking about the actual, physical act of runningg. It is my drug. How do I know this? Well recently of course I was sick and I missed an outrageous 6 days of training. Yes, I know, how did I survive? I am lucky to be one of those few to survive the difficult withdrawl stage. I was irratable, hard to talk to, depressed, sometimes awkwardly trudging off on my own to sit in a corner and cry, and of course spending long hours playing mindsweeper on the computer until finally the urge to sleep overcame me, far later than it normal does. It was a horrible feeling.

But I was able to return to running and I got my fix again. The first day back wasn't very enjoyable, but I needed it, and I got through it. My body hurt from the transistion, it fought me as I tried to regain my former prowess on the drug. I didn't even get a high the first time back. But then the next two runs came. Boy did they feel great. I was back to my normal self. Happy, easy going, not an incredibly hormonal 16 year old girl. Yes, I was back and I am confident that I have a stash that can get me my fix until at least March.

Plus now, I get to check back into school with all my fellow users. I have races coming up in the forseeable future. It is amazing. It's hard to believe I ever dared to try and go on without it, but I overcame the dark past and now I am ready to return.

Have a good indoor season in 2012 everyone.

-train

4 comments:

  1. The "other" could be Chestnut Hill or O'Hara. If I'm correct, Wilson hit a 4:15 at one point so far this season? Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe that is what is getting everyone excited. As for O'Hara.....its O'Hara...they've got to have something good. Other possibilities could be Springdale, Penncrest, and CR North. Springdale has 2 pretty good guys. 4:30 low and 1:58 for O'Such and 4:28/2:01 for Magolone. Although, besides them I can't find anyone that could be a solid potental 1200. Penncrest has the Kazanjian bros. as well as Pat Miller. A couple guys running some decent times. Put them together and they could be halfway decent but I don't think they could be near a shot at being noticeable. As for CR North they've got some mention-worthy guys. Mac Emery, Jack Felt, James Zingarini are all solid runners (its so awesome how much access PTXC lets you have to these stats). Alhtough again, I don't see them doing much either. As I go through that list of possibilities I can't really see any one those 3 teams doing anything. However, Chestnut and O'Hara are probably the one's I'd be thinking of when looking at the "other" choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops! my bad! this was supposed to go on the other post. My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. springford, not springdale, but yes good points

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo etrain, i feel your pain man. injuries suck. and could you do us all a little favor? the white on orange is kinda hard to read in the poll thing anyway you can change that?

    ReplyDelete