Search Engine

My Penntrack Account

Alright so I have some interesting news. First of all I want to point out that penntrack eliminated the forum that etrain69 started about the oscars on penntrack? Interesting, I don't really remember anything that was that bad being said on there. I mean he did say penntrack was going downhill and I suppose they didn't appreciate that. But really? Deleting that forum? And not deleting the who's hot forum until very late in the game? That is quite something.

So needless to say I went on penntrack today to check around, make sure that I wasn't imagining that this had been eliminated, and indeed upon further inspection the forum was still not there.

Since I was already on penntrack, I figured I'd just get on my account and check for any messages from any of you guys out there who read the blog. BUT today I was unable to log onto my penntrack account. Maybe it is just a coincidence, just a problem with the site or something, but I am positive my password is correct and has been unchanged for a while now, yet I can not log on.

Needless to say this concerns me. Is it at all possible that penntrack has decided that I must also take the fall for this most recent forum post and they have deactivated my account? It seems unlikley, I can only assume the computer I am on right now has bad access to penntrack or something like that.

But to be safe, I figured I would shoot a text to my friend etrain69 and ask him if he had recieved any sort of message about why his forum got removed. Well unfortunately etrain69 was also unable to log onto his account today. He reset his password but that did not solve the problem.

Overall, we are not exactly sure if our accounts have been deleted or suspended or anything like that, but I will be sure to update you guys as to the status of my penntrack account so that, if you so choose, you can message me there.

Other then that I'm not sure what to say. If they did indeed delete my account or something like that, I think that's pretty cool. It would mean they are scared of my blog, scared that is competition or something like that. Hopefully. Either that or they just don't like me using penntrack's name in association with my rinky dink oscars campaign.

But really trainstation all I can say is if my account is gone it will not slow my progress on the blog, it will only inspire me to work more and improve more. I feel like I would die a hero if my account has been deleted. A symbol of what else is out there in terms of PA track knowledge. It isn't just all about Penntrack articles and previews, we over here on the blog know a thing or two about the track scene and can produce solid articles and previews and conversations as well.

-train

2 comments:

  1. Seems like the SOPA got a head start...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Etrain. Penntrack is kind of picky. Back when I was under the name OxygenDeprived, they cancelled my account, because I changed the topic of a forum from how awesome Penntrack is to how restrictive they are (but not before they changed it). They don't like to encourage the idea of competition or anything that could fuel competition, such as the idea that their site could be improved.

    My other friend, Penntrackbro21, also got his account removed and all of his posts deleted, although you can still see the response to one of his posts by a Penntrack administrator at the bottom of this post:

    http://pa.milesplit.com/discussion/topics/91527

    Sorry again, Etrain, but if they did take it down, chances are that you're not getting it back again. I had to get an entirely new email address under a different name and register a new account to post again.

    ReplyDelete