Search Engine

The All-Time PA Races

So right now, as promised I am preparing research on the all time 50 states races for after things finish up with the bracket. The races I have been looking at potentially are an XC race, a 4x16, a DMR, an SMR, a 4x4, a 4x8 and an outside chance at a 4x32. The relay legs for each team can include anyone from the past six years. The tricky thing will be projecting guys times outdoors from indoors. I was thinking also having all time individual races, but haven't decided yet. This would make the opportunity more intriguing to set up a team scoring system and award a team champion as well.

Obviously all the races and the times are open to interpretation by yours truly and are just rough estimates of what would happen in these "Dream Races". Plus depending on how I decide to spread things out, we may have to take into account the idea of "doubling" and "freshness" and things like that. It is a bit of a tricky equation and I'm still working things out so if you have a specific vision about how this should go, it may not be the same as mine so I suggest you get in contact with me sooner rather than later.

I will still have to make up a tentative race "schedule" for the meet with the events listed above and work out a scoring system. I'll let you know for sure when I know those things. But first thing is first, I will let you know which teams I expect to get into the XC race. If you think your team belongs in this group, let me know ASAP why your team should be included and I will see if they make the cut.

Here are the teams in no particular order:
1. Coatesville
2. North Penn
3. North Allegheny
4. Mt. Lebanon
5. West Chester Henderson
6. Unionville
7. LaSalle
8. O'Hara
9. Germantown Friends
10. Strath Haven
11. CR North
12. Hatboro Horsham
13. Lower Merion
14. Great Valley
15. Upper Dublin
16. North East
17. Baldwin
18. Cumberland Valley
19. Pittsburgh Central Catholic
20. Canon-MacMillan
21. Quaker Valley
22. CB South
23. Altoona
24. North Hills
25. Holy Ghost Prep

Still not sure what course this race will be held on. We may have a poll, but comments in the short term would be more effective.

Also have to make a decision about if individuals can run in the XC race as well to score points for the "team title race". I would most likely take the next 20-25 individuals not included on any of these teams to fill the field. Top 20 individuals would score varying amounts of points for their team and the Top 10 teams would score.

Right now some of the people would be included as individuals in no particular order:
1. Mark Dennin
2. Jason Weller
3. Dustin Wilson
4. Vince McNally
5. Jimmy Tarsnane
6. Joe Beveridge
7. Jacob Kildoo
8. Matt McCullough
9. Dan Jaskowak
10. Patrick DeSabato
11. Chuck Lockwood
12. Lucas Zarzeczny
13. Brett Kelly
14. Drew Magaha
15. Josh Izewski
16. Tyler Jones
17. Alfredo Santana
18. Reece Ayers
19. Brendan Shearn
20. Isaac Dunkleberger
21. Jim Spisak
22. Nick Crits
23. Kyle Hurston
24. Bud Plazenski
25. Dan Krystek
26. Bobby Micikas

Again if you don't see your guy on this list drop me a comment or something to make a case. I will most likely start writing out the results of this race sometime soon and post up the final entries and starting blocks by Thursday or Friday. No guarntees, but that is what I expect/hope for so if your boys want in, let me know ASAP

18 comments:

  1. LOGAN STEINER SHOULD BE ON THE LIST

    ReplyDelete
  2. A better question is where's Gil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the teams, is it one team from the last 6 years or the best 7 guys from that school over the last 6 years?

      Delete
    2. guys north allegheny's team is on the list which would include steiner and gil..... notice that wade isn't on there either, so if the team's on there then there's no reason to list the individual.

      Delete
  3. Mr. Tommy Grushcow please.
    Also, think about Chambersburg and Carlisle for teams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add Chambersburg, John Pope, Vinny Todaro, Wade Endress, and probably Jeff Groh even though he's only a sophmore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would you include someone who finished 147th in the state?

      Delete
    2. I agree with John Pope too. Meanwhile I was the same person who asked for Carlisle to be in the team race.
      Jeff Groh is amazing and a really nice kid, however he isn't qualified to be on this list with what he has accomplished so far. After his senior year, yes, but now no.

      Delete
    3. I just thought he should be on because winning Districts as a sophmore is extremely impressive, I mean district three there was no Magaha, Willig, or Steiner or anything but it's still impressive. And as for states when you run every race to win like he does and you go out in the first mile with the top 25 or so you generally not have good results as young as he is.

      Delete
  5. its all the best runners from that team over 6 years which means Endress, Gil, Steiner, etc are all on the list already

    i'll look in to the other teams and names listed but as i said i think these are the best teams for the job and i'm not sure if the other teams will have the depth to score well

    but we shall see

    -train

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it should be on the state course just because thats the only course you could really compare everyone on. I dont really know if that was up for debate but that is just my two cents. Oh and I almost forgot a decent 4x16 team would be the All Schuylkill league team of Alex Zubey, Isaac Dunkleberger, Myself, and Logan Jacoby. I know you arent doing all area teams because it would be unfair but I thought I would just throw it out there.

    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brendan, just stop.
    All league 4x1600. game over.
    Nick Crits, Mike Palmisano, Drew Magaha, Paul Reilly

    All league 4x4 game over
    BrandonBg, Ellison, BernardBg, Gilmore

    All league DMR
    Crits, Gilmore, Palmisano, Magaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm actually kind of confused as to what we are doing with these teams/results. Are we making dream teams?

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. kiski area for teams. Brent kennedy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha no most teams would be better then my all league team I was just saying thats the only way a team from my district would be in this event

    ReplyDelete
  11. what about Lower Dauphin?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quinn Devlin should be on this list

    ReplyDelete