Search Engine

Medal Count: Just for Fun

Taking a quick look back at the past three state championships in indoor track, outdoor track and XC who has the most state medals? I tried to count it up, sorry if I missed anyone.  The * denotes the number of state golds a person has.

Andrew Stone III, I (3 Indivdiaul, 1 Team)
Dan Alexander III, I ( 3 Individual, 1 Team)
Tom Coyle III, I (3 Individual, 1 Team)*
Jack Huemmler II, I (2 Individual, 1 Team)
Dan Jaskowak III, I (3 Individual, 1 Team)
Jack Macauley II, I (2 Individual, 1 Team)
Brendan Shearn III (3 Individual)*
Dan Savage II, I (2 Individual, 1 Team)
Joe Logue , IIII (0 Inidividual, 4 Team)*
Tony Russell I, II (1 Individual, 2 Team)**
James Zingarini II, I (2 Individual, 1 Team)
Brent Kennedy II, II (2 Individual, 2 Team)
Sam Williams III, I (3 Individual, 1 Team)*
Alec Kunzweiler II, I (2 Individual, 1 Team)*
Curt Jewett II, I (2 Individual, 1 Team)*

Worth noting, guys who finish just off the medal stand tend to come back in a big way among the names of people who were just off the medal stand last year we have Brad Rivera (indoor 9th twice), Tony Russell, CV 4x800, Ethan Martin, Jeff Groh, Mac Emery and Vinny Todaro. Some guys have already done serious damage, others may be right around the corner from some.

13 comments:

  1. Also I know this is super late but I don't think I've posted it up, Henderson 4x8 splits:
    Moy 2:03.1
    Tony 1:58.9
    Collins 2:00.7
    Chaborek 1:57.2
    For an 8 flat
    -train

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you classify as medalling? If just 1-3 places, Ryan Smathers should be on there for a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1-8 for indoors and outdoors ... 1-25 for XC ... smathers got 1 outdoors last year and 1 in xc this year so he has 2 total

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alec Kunzweiler has 3 individual. 2011 XC 2012 XC 2012 800m and one team 4x8. That's 4 medals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going to try and clarify this, meant over the last 3 seasons:
      Winter 2012
      Spring 2012
      XC 2012

      that is it

      Delete
  5. Conner Quinn has 3 individual for xc, with one of them being gold...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my bad, you said last 3 state meets, not overall

      Delete
  6. When I was a freshmen our 4x4 missed getting a medal at indoor states by .01

    ReplyDelete
  7. when i was a freshman i could throw a pigskin a quarter mile

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the Last Chance Meet I'm on CB East's team and I know that Vince Thompson is in the 200m, Frank Brophy in the open 400, and Alec Brand and Jake Brophy are in the open mile. Brand will also come back and run the 4x4 with Shahideh and Button

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carnival is cancelled. Trying to throw a LC meet together for mid-week. KK

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a Philadelphia Master's All-comers meet tomorrow at Albright if anyone wants to compete to stay sharp for next weekend. I will be there in the mile and the 800 and Diestelow should be there as well.

    http://www.pmtf.net/7101.html

    -Cummings, WC East

    ReplyDelete