Search Engine

Team Rankings

1. O'Hara
2. Henderson- This was a tough spot, you have Rimkis in there the squad looks a lot better. Haugh being banged up and AJ not having his best day, there is potential here for Henderson. I need to see a little, tiny bit more out of NA for me to move them up the list.
3. NA- I really like NA so far, it pains me to put them at the 3 spot, but right now Henderson should be able to put 2-3 guys with their #1 (maybe I am wrong, but that is the shape I feel Zemet is in vs. these guys from Henderson). NA has a sick pack, however, and if one of their stud sophomores takes the next leap to Ryan Gil status (20th at states as a soph and 3rd? at WPIALs) then NA is going to move up on my list no doubt.
4. Pennsbury- They didn't race this past weekend, and I don't see much reason to knock them down. There were not any teams that really showed enough to surpass these guys. I'm on the Harriman and Webb bandwagon.
5. Lower Dauphin- See above, just replace Harriman and Webb with Groh and Nissley. Better 1-2 punch, not quite as a good of a pack (but getting there).
6. West Chester East- They absolutely crushed this weekend. Not a big name meet by any means, but a convincing win yet again. Cummings wasn't even their top guy. They have already beaten GValley and CR North who both just beat down LaSalle and North Penn. So gotta go with East here.
7. LaSalle- Really? The team that just got smacked at Belmont? Yeah I know this may seem kind of silly, but I actually gained some confidence watching these guys race. Billotta and Magee both look god and they have some other talent hidden in the woodwork that may able to come on strong. When they get everyone back they are going to have a strong team. It is just a matter of if they can get everyone back in time.
8. Cumberland Valley- They didn't race this weekend which actually helped them in a weekend filled with some let downs.
9. Mt. Lebo- This is a begrudged placing of Lebo on the list. I wasn't all too impressed with their performance at Boardman, but they are still a very solid team in a very good district. This is a little higher than I would like to see them at this point, but they should bounce back.
10. Grove City- AA fans rejoice! Grove City cracks the list after a pretty impressive weekend yet again. They are hanging around with teams like Lebo despite running in meets with a pretty big field. In a smaller race they can really move up the rankings when their 5 isn't as far back.
11. Hershey- See Cumberland Valley. I want to move Hershey up but I need to see more proof. I know what CV has on paper and it is good. Hershey on paper has a bunch of guys who have run great but I don't know much about them. Hope they can show me something in the near future.
12. CR North- My boys return to the list! They had a solid race this weekend and apparently are doing absurd mileage. Zingarini hopefully will come around and round out what could be a very scary top 3 with Wilson now beginning to take the next step.

Great Valley and North Penn the near misses at this point.

4 comments:

  1. Pennsbury vs. CRN dual meet today! Two ranked teams to battle it out. We will comment with results tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of absurd mileage are they doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well despite a very poor race by me (Harriman) for 4th place, Pennsbury wins the dual meet 28-28 with the 6th place tie break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to run at North, and according to guys on the team they were running 60-80 miles a week before Briarwood. Today seemed like an improvement for them from at Viking. The results were as followed:
    Emery (CRN)
    Wilson (CRN)
    Webb (Pennsbury)
    Harriman (Pennsbury)
    Zingarini (CRN)
    Johnson (Pennsbury)
    Sauer (Pennsbury)
    Freeman (Abington)
    Martin (Pennsbury)
    Arita (CRN)
    O'Connel (Pennsbury)
    Benton (CRN)

    ReplyDelete