Search Engine

Fantasy Draft and Pulling a Matthew Berry

So Chris Short had the idea of having a fantasy draft for the XC state championships with the same rules as last year (for those of you who weren't in it last year, if you join this year we will fill you in). Anyone who is interested in joining this league please facebook message me ASAP so we can schedule a draft in time. I'm going to talk to Chris soon (unless he sees this and beats me to the punch, which is possible) about making up a facebook group like last time, that worked out very well. It was a great success last year (even though I personally got my tail handed to me) and hopefully everybody will have fun again this time around if we get enough people.

Since we are having this little fantasy draft, I figured I'd go all Matthew Berry on everybody and lay down some of the best value picks I think you can get in the draft (which will instantly become overrated people probably because most people don't have a whole lot of sources for fantasy cross country but yea whatever). So here's what I got.

Top Sleepers:
Sean Burke from Abington Heights. The kid has silently been running very solid races, he has been mixing it up with a lot of top runners at both pre states and Paul Short, beat Aaron Wilkinson at the D2 championships (Wilkinson was 18th last year and it's hard to imagine he won't be around that high again), and Burke looks like he has been getting better with each passing week. Most people see him as a 20-30 place finisher, I see him as 15-10, maybe will surprise like Micikas or Ayers and finish in the top 10 like they did in 2008. He's got a lot of similarities to those two names.

The other guy who reminds me of that pair of Micikas and Ayers is Dominic Deluca the sophomore from Dallas, definitely worth a flyer.

How about this kid Adam Katora? Never heard of him? Well he had a down race at District 3s, but I think he is going to have a solid bounce back race at states, may surprise with a state medal if things go well. The last two kids who were good from Dallastown (where Katora goes) Chuck Lockwood (4th) and Tim Moyer (25th). I think Katora has similar talent to the second guy and it doesn't hurt to know he was training with the first guy at some point. Just ask Dan Jaskowak how much that helps.

I'm still on the North Penn bandwagon folks! Yeah not quite as a team but the individuals out front I like a lot. How about Jack MacCauley for a big bounce back race? Definitely could happen, not extremely confident about it, but it may happen. I'm more pumped to see what Dan Davis can do. People forget he was 29th or so a year ago. He had a much better stretch run this year than last year so states could be very interesting. Its hard to imagine North Penn without a medalist at states for the second straight year. Oh and in deeper leagues Chris Trimble isn't a bad pick, kids talented.

I've got more stuff to drop later like my guys who I feel are overrated and some more deeper sleepers for those deeper leagues, so keep watching.

1 comment:

  1. Anybody that wants to join ask me or etrain to add you to the group on facebook. Draft thursday night seems to be the last good time?

    ReplyDelete