Search Engine

States- Brendan Shearn

ok, well first off I have to thank all the people that supported me, all of my coaches and my former coaches were there and that really meant a lot. Also my entire team had made shirts and painted up for me and it was really special having them all there supporting me seeing them at the brigde flipping out cheering for me really helped me a lot. But to my race strategy, the race played out exactly how i had imagined it going, the first mile went out very fast i think like 4:50, then after that i kinda pushed a little up that hill to see who could respond. when basically everyone did i kinda just stayed where i was, and wait, i actually ended up leading up the first of the aloha hills, and i just tryed to stay as comfortable as possible. Curt ended up leading after that hill and pretty much threw himself into that surge. I ended up catching him up the second hill and then again at the top of the hill he surged and was really pushing down the hill. as soon as we hit the bottom of the hill it was about 1000 to go and that was where i wanted to make my move so i pushed as hard as i could and broke away a little and just kept hammering. when i reached my dad right before i went down to poop out hill he was cheering and i knew i couldnt dissapoint them so i kept pushing. when i crossed the road I counted 3 of my footsteps and i heard his so i knew he was really close, I through myself into the last hill and just kept pushing. In the final 5 meters when I knew I had won I just was so excited i could barely believe it. Another thing I'd like to mention is that all of the AA guys really ran great and I wanted to win but i wouldev been just as happy if any of my other friends had won. and up on the medal stand all of the AA guys put there arms around each other. and it was a pretty cool the whole experience was amazing and i still cant believe it.

1 comment: