Search Engine

So Here's the Deal

Well readers, I would love to sit here and say that over the past few weeks I have been extremely busy, or there has been nothing to talk about, or things have not been exciting if your a blogger of Pennsylvania High School cross country and track and field, but that is sadly not the case. I do not have a large amount of school work (a fact which I have bragged to my girlfriend about on many occasions) and there is plenty to talk about in the world of PA running (Dustin Wilson, the girls ... I mean admittedly I don't talk about girls very much but hey they did awesome).

No, unfortunately the sad truth is I lost a lot of my dedication this past month when some sad news struck me. My google adsense account, which allows me to make money just for blogging has been shut down due to suspected invalid click activity. As much as I would like to fight this and stand up and claim that this is an outrage and things like that, the fact of the matter is its true. I violated my contract with google, and I am now paying the price. A price of approximately 120 dollars so it could be worse I suppose.

As much as I hate to admit it the fact that blogging was not a job anymore but merely a hobby got to me and it slowed this site down to a complete stand still. A barren wasteland that formerly was hub of talk and hits.

But I remember something. I didn't start this blog for the money, I didn't even start worrying about the money until I actually started making some. And I can't fake views. I can fake clicks but the views were there by the boat loads. A lot more fans had been coming to this site. I was getting feedback from all over, and heck, it felt great. And that is payment enough. It just took me sometime to remember all this I suppose. Gotta thank Will Lowery, a kid from Vermont who for some reason continues to check my blog. If he is noticing the thing isn't being updated than gosh, this is bad.

So I promise you folks, I turn 20 tomorrow and I have no intention of letting my next year of life begin as a washed up has been of blogging. I'm still etrain, and I am back baby. Get ready for a blog explosion.

-train

No comments:

Post a Comment