Search Engine

States- Sean Burke

States turned out to be a much better experience the second time around. The first mile was fast (as it always is) and I hit 4:53. The hills took a toll on me, but i kept solid postioning around 20th going through two miles in around 10:12. The last mile was brutal, as I'm sure it was for everyone, but I was able to muster enough strength to pass 6 or 7 guys on Poop-out Hill and finish 12th in 16:23, improving over last year by 50 seconds and 68 places. I was definitely pleased with my effort throughout the race and with my strong finish. It's always thrilling to compete against such high level competition on a demanding course. As for my post-states plans, I'm racing this Saturday at the Death Valley Distance Carnival at Southern Columbia High School in an attempt to better my 5k PR and run around 15:35. Good luck to all runners competing in post season races!

4 comments:

  1. hey congrats on states, I think I'll be running in the Death Valley Distance carnival as well.

    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man. Hell of a run for you too; that gold medal must feel nice. Hope to see you saturday!

    -Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we'll have some comp, Sean! This will be fun!

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks man,so anyone feeling sub 15
    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete