Search Engine

Any Questions?

So I've laid out my own thoughts on the states races (some more in depth than others), I've been planning for my indoor fantasy draft tonight, and I have been studying a lot of Art History for my big test today which I am not at all excited about. Not to mention the fact that our conference championships are this Saturday and that performance list just came out last night so I have been waiting for a chance to pick that apart.

But I assume you don't read my blog to find out what's new in my life and what kind of weird habits I get up to, especially at this point in the season. No, I'd imagine that you readers want to hear more about the state championships. I can always tell when it's states time because the number of views on the blog grows exponentially.

But I have said so much to you already about states and bogged you down with names and times and splits and history and a lot of other stuff to the point where you are probably sick of hearing me talk (or I suppose reading me talk is probably more accurate). So my question to you is, do you have any questions for me? I love to talk track and running and all sorts of stuff like that, and heck I'll answer any question you throw at me, even if it's what's my favorite type of cheese or something like that. Today, I think we can agree that I have done enough talking and throwing numbers at you, so let me turn the reigns over to you.

You can comment here, facebook message me, text me, whatever you want and I'll do my best to respond. Hopefully we continue to get some good track talk on here or on penntrack or on track talk, I'll be checking all three (although I won't be posting on all three obviously since my penntrack account was shut down). So yeah, enjoy the trackmas as your facebook status's told me it was to be called.

Peace.

PS Happy Birthday to my bud Francis Ferruzzi, good luck this weekend

9 comments:

  1. At states, is it better to run your fastest leg in the 1200 or 1600 in the DMR?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In theory, it is always more beneficial to run your fastest leg on the anchor rather than the 1200 because you get more value out of the faster leg. Assuming that both individuals are just as good at each race, than you want to have the extra 400 at a faster pace.

      I used to think that if you had a guy who was more speed oriented, like 800-mile, and then another runner who was best at just the mile and 2 mile you should run the 800-mile guy as the 12 and the mile 2 mile guy as the anchor regardless of who has the faster mile.

      I have come to the conclusion that this is not effective unless there is only a very small difference in ability. We had Palmisano anchor his Junior year over another runner who qualified in the mile and was a mile-two mile type who could run around 4:30 flat on the anchor leg because Palm ran 4:20. We sacrificed probably around 6-8 seconds on the lead off, but we gained 10-12 seconds on the anchor. Palm ran down about half the field en route to a 4th place finish and all state marks. The same can be said about the Wissahickon DMR with Miller and Crits. Crits was switched to anchor and ended up running a huge 4:16ish leg and anchored the team into second.

      The Altoona DMR had Endress anchor rather than lead off even though Fischer was probably more suited for longer distances and they still managed a near win in the DMR.

      You have to put your best guy on the track when the race is on the line in my mind. You do have an advantage if you get your team out to a solid lead and the let the middle legs have good competition, but ultimately I think the advantage of having your best guy to try and chase someone down is a better move.

      If Russell and Willig don't anchor this weekend I don't like their relays as much as I do with them anchoring. I'd like the HGPrep relay better if Horgan anchored. It's just my own personal philosophy and I'm not saying it's perfect, but this is how I view the DMR.

      Delete
    2. This was a really good question. I mean that with no sarcasm

      Delete
  2. watch out for chambersburg's 4x8. They got rid of there 2:13 leg in exchange for a 2:04 leg which would become the slowest leg now. They are looking to go under 8 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the fact that trackmas made your blog slightly makes up for the fact that you called me overhyped haha

    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. briefs, i can't wear boxers, never enjoyed them personally, definitely could never run in them

      Delete
  5. Where can I find the stuff for your conference meet? Hackett hasn't emailed it to me

    -Forrest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. www.centennial.org if you go to indoor track and then championship there is a list to the performance list and the heat sheats .... then results will be up probably on that site or tffrs by sunday afternoon/late tomorrow night

      Delete