Search Engine

States Predictions

So over the next couple days my posts will be about predictions for the state championships. First off I just want to throw this out there. I am a distance guy at heart (at which point everyone reading this screams out duh) and so I will try to preview all the events on the blog but honestly I know that my girls predictions and my boys predictions for everything below 800 meters will probably kinda suck. But I'll hit you guys with my best shot.

I also wanted to just throw this out there. If you think you can name more state medalists than etrain, get in on the prediction contest. I will predict every events state medalist on both the boys and girls side. Your job is to pick however many events you would like to predict, pick 8 names from each event that you think will medal, and then post up your predictions up here on the blog. Just like in XC order doesn't matter (but it makes it more fun if you predict in order) so throw down the names and see if you can get more medalists than me. Should be a fun time. Also the fantasy draft deadline is midnight to tonight, so let me know before then if you are interested.

Thanks.

So today I will start off my predictions with those which I don't really know much about. Which means I will be do all my girls predictions right here, right now. I won't give too many reasons for why I have certain girls where I do so feel free to ask me about it in a comment, but no guarentees I'll have a good answer. I'll leave brief comments next to picks that might seem a little out there.

Word.

Here we go. This is going to be ugly.

Girls 60m Hurdles
1. Coley
2. Hicks
3. Williams
4. Kerns
5. Yankelev
6. Lowe
7. Thomas
8. Goodyear

Girls 60m Dash
1. Evans
2. Steward
3. Nesmith
4. Jackson
5. Belt
6. Mitchell
7. Richardson
8. Dangerfield (Not gonna lie, purely for the name)

Girls 200m Dash
1. Evans
2. Davis
3. Steward
4. Harris
5. Jackson
6. Matthews
7. Daniels
8. Nesmith

Girls 400m Dash
1. Brown
2. Thomas
3. Sharkey
4. Williams
5. Harris
6. Valentine (Home field advantage)
7. Witmer
8. Green

Girls 800m
1. Keenan
2. Deacon
3. Weisner
4. Hampson
5. Nappi
6. Tan-Torres
7. Cousins
8. Carr (Muhlenberg recruit, you can't help it)

Girls Mile
1. Piccirillo
2. Malone (Margo)
3. Seykora
4. Grossman
5. Weisner
6. Holl (Upper Dublin bias coming through, but she was 3rd at states last year)
7. Sheva
8. Malone (Mary)

Girls 3000m
1. Picirillo (really hoping all this doubling pays off)
2. Sargent
3. Gerlach
4. McGovern
5. Darlington
6. Speakman
7. Rome
8. Herman

Girls 4x200m
1. Swenson
2. Pennridge
3. CD East
4. CB East
5. Coatesville
6. Cheltenham
7. Easton
8. Villa Joesph Marie

Girls 4x400m
1. Swenson
2. Paul Robeson
3. Pennwood
4. Cheltenham
5. Strath Haven
6. CB West
7. DT East
8. Abington (a meet where Abington doesn't medal in the 4x4? that would be new)

Girls 4x800m
1. Strath Haven
2. West Chester Henderson
3. St Basil (they have a 6:47 seed time so they must be pretty good)
4. DT East
5. Methacton
6. Pennsbury (probably wishful thinking here considering the close proximity of the 3k)
7. CR North
8. Garnety Valley

Girls DMR
1. Notre Dame
2. Haverford
3. Pennridge
4. North Penn
5. North Hills
6. CB West
7. O'Hara
8. GFS

Girls HJ
1. McColskey
2. Richardson
3. Morgan
4. Thomas
5. Rittleman
6. Shiffler
7. Gross
8. McCoy

Girls Pole Vault
1. Debich
2. LaMacchia
3. Benninghoff
4. Giampetro
5. Loy
6. Petty
7. Love
8. Kalsey

Girls Long Jump
1. Hodge
2. Matthews
3. Catiana
4. Hope
5. Nesmith
6. Brenker
7. Worrell
8. Sullivan

Girls Triple Jump
1. Bowman
2. Hodge
3. Newsome
4. Newkirk
5. Catiana
6. Johnson
7. Burns
8. Jacques

Girls Shot Put
1. Neider
2. Woods
3. Fatherly
4. Stevenson
5. Lubarski
6. McCartney
7. Milcec
8. Bonetti

Please don't laugh at me when these turn out badly, mostly just pick favorites gonna be honest here. I just wanted to put these down so that people could predict whatever events they liked and try and beat me (which hopefully you all will). But yea, enjoy the performance list and get pumped for states.

4 comments:

  1. 800- In order
    Keenan
    Deacon
    Tan-Torres
    Weisner
    Nappi
    Flynn
    Long
    Hampson

    Mile- In order
    Piccirillo
    Grossman
    Sheva
    Seykora
    Malone (Margo)
    Holl
    Weisner
    Malone (Mary)

    3k- In order
    Sargent
    Piccirillo
    McGovern
    Gerlach
    Rome
    Herman
    Darlington
    Speakman

    4x800- In order
    Strath Haven
    D-Town East
    Methacton
    Garnet Valley
    CRN
    Henderson
    CB South
    Pennsbury

    DMR- In order
    Pennridge
    North Hills
    Notre Dame
    North Penn
    Haverford
    O'Hara
    CB West

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change that actually, I want McGovern winning it with Sargent in second and Angel in third.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...Tan-Torres needs to be higher, and D-East needs to be higher in the 4x8...also I like Gerlach over Sargent, with Piccirillo winning

    ReplyDelete
  4. mcgovern has a lot of strength right now. she ran the 3k early in the year and had pa #1. angel got pa #1 after running a hard mile.

    another note mcgovern ran 4x800 before the mile at MOC last weekend where she got 2nd to sargent in 5:00. i think gerlach or mcgovern needs to take it out so its a strength race and take any kick away from sargent or angel. gerlach has a kick too.... its the race of the weekend with 4 state champs...

    ReplyDelete