Search Engine

Doubling

Ok, so I'm not gonna lie to you folks, I'm not quite ready for this studs and duds stuff yet, I'm sorry but I kind of have a lot of HW this week and I need to be doing that right now, but I want to keep this post streak alive. Unfortunately my internet connection was down when I had the free time to make a post earlier, but hey that's just the way it is.

So I don't really know what to post about because I'm sitting here in the light lounge at Muhlenberg College where I go to school (everyone can now look that up and apply here it's a lot of fun just ask around) and I am using my girlfriend's laptop and I don't want to take up too much of her laptop time, especially because she is doing spanish stuff and needs to look up words everyone once in a while. But I digress.

This weekend at our meet I was down on the schedule for running 4 events, a challenge for me because I have never found myself a very capable doubler. But that got me to thinking about some performances that were great doubles and triples which I will share with you now.

First of all, I'll start with one of the best doublers from my era, Wade Endress. Looking down his resume he has a lot of moments that would make a countdown but of course the big noteable one was indoor states his senior year where he dropped the state record in the 800m on the double from a very fast mile of 4:13 and change. He then ran a great 4x4 leg.

Gilmore at the same meet with that messed up leg straight killed 4 races and nearly all of them led to golds. Maybe not the fastest times, but winning is winning and its worth 10 points at the state championship whether you win by 10 seconds or a tenth of a second.

My roommate at states Mike Palmisano tripled with a 1:51.9 4x8 anchor, 4:13 1600 win and 1:54 800 bronze at states. He came from behind and used a kick to catch a lot of runners on the bell lap in both races.

Brady Gehret had some nice sprint doubles and triples in his career that included a nice showing at outdoor states his senior year where he was a fall away from possibly 3 golds.

Hong Cho at the Penn Relays last year ran a nice series of middle distance 8s and 4s en route to a couple of championship of america high finishes.

Jason Weller was a great doubler and tripler in his own right at indoor states his senior year especially.

2 comments:

  1. Palmisano goes to Muhlenberg now? No more Princeton? Roommate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, roommate when we went to states together his senior year, still goes to princeton and has run some solid times this season, won the meet at the armory last weekend in the 8 and ran in the mid 2:20s for 1k, somewhere around 2:26 i think
    -train

    ReplyDelete