Search Engine

Valentine's Day

So I guess you guys didn't love my idea of going over to track talk to start up some forums on there and make it our stomping ground, but that's ok, I only cried for 45 minutes.

It's Valentine's Day today so I was trying desperately to think of a good valentine's day themed post for today but the only things that came to mind were posts that I would only make if I was Lobster and would never make if I was me (which last time I checked, I still am). So that put me into a bit of a predicament.

I would say I love running I suppose, but not enough to buy it flowers or chocolates. Its kind of more of a love hate thing if I'm being perfectly honest. There are some days I just go out for my run and the whole time I wish I was somewhere else.

But there are other days where I can't help but lose myself in the thrill of the long run, 13 or so miles without anything to worry about just myself and my thoughts. Its nice to get away, relax and unwind sometimes.

Running is kind of a fickle girlfriend. I wouldn't say she gets jealous, although I know it some peoples cases it does. If he play another sport too often like basketball or football, than running is more likely to injure them in their legs so they can't go cheating behind her back anymore.

I'll tell you one thing, what they say is true, Running needs a lot of shoes. She needs racing shoes and training shoes and training flats and its like a new shoe every two months. I swear the money I spend on shoes for Running is outrageous.

But being with Running has it's rewards. There are very few people that I would lay my health and well being on the line for week after week, but I do it without hesistation for Running. I enjoy it actually. And there is nothing like the thrill I get when Running rewards me for giving everything to her. I'm happy for at least a few days, maybe a whole week. And Running has given me a lifetime of memories.

Its hard to imagine us ever breaking up. Most people know me only because of her. She kinda gets around. But I guess I don't mind. I'm not gonna say I haven't been jealous when people get farther with Running than I do, but that's the thing, Running is kind of what you make of it. You can have your own successes and failures.

And like they say, what you put into a relationship is what you get out of it.

Well anyway sorry I couldn't come up with anything Valentine's Day related to talk about. Have a great holiday trainstation.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed that post, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Lobster, miss that guy. Come back to us <3

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete