Search Engine

Gut Instincts

I'll be in depth tomorrow. Today I feel like I'm about to puke my guts out from motion sickness and I am lying in my bed in a fit of sadness. So I'll just give you my first reactions.

First of all Piccirillo is a straight boss. Unbelievable time in the mile. Picked her to the win the 3k, wasn't sure how'd that workout but man oh man she was awesome.


Pennridge! I'm kicking myself for not having the balls to go with my gut and pick them to win. Great race, very impressed.

The youngsters Coyle and Huemmler showed some great guts in that mile. Very nice performance for those two. Jaskowak also. Good call Alex Moran.

The O'Hara boys have tough luck at states. Oh well, they will be back outdoors and still be ballers.

Great Valley got the DMR monkey off their back. Good work guys.

Haneef Hardy must have heard everyone talking crap on him. That was sweet victory there. Holder not too bad, he helped me out by showing up.

HGPrep doesn't peak in August anymore, good race bud.

Just want to say that in the girls DMR I randomly guess pretty accurate. Cut me some slack haha.

My fantasy team really suffered from that Shawn Johnson NH but we will deal.

11 comments:

  1. Seykora had the baton 50+ meters behind, then caught the pack, then with two laps to go, created a gap with the pack by 50+ meters. She runs to win and it's epic watching her. She even went for Angel... but... yeah, it's Angel.

    There were many upsets/surprises for this meet, but that is what makes States exciting.

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said the same thing Seykora is one of the guttiest racers I have ever seen. It was really amazing watch her run, and angel is pretty much a beast.

    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to give some props to Horgan for a sick double, 1:54 800 and then dropping a 3:07ish split for the 1200 a couple hours later.

    -Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Futch ran an awesome anchor leg to win the 4x400. He came back from a long way in a race that short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Futch ran the 2nd leg and Stiles ran anchor?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Futch was the 2nd leg, and Stiles was the anchor. A guy next to me split Futch at 48.9, not sure if that's accurate, but he was definently sub 50 which is amazing since it was his 6th race of the day

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Futch got a 49 low. Stiles anchored a 48 flat. Hunter lead off a 50.6 and second leg ran a 53...

    Something like
    50.6- hunter
    49.2- Futch
    53.0- ....?
    48.0- stiles

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. the difference between 48.9 and 49.2 is perfectly reasonable in a relay split like that where people are just watching, i'd expect a 1-3 tenth difference

    ReplyDelete
  9. Etrain your girls mile predictions were a bit off. Why would you put Malone ahead of Seykora and Grossman when her time is over 5 seconds slower than these runners. Also your Upper Dublin bias clouded your judgment-Grossman was 3rd last year in the mile, Holl was 9th. This year she did not have as strong a race.
    However, congratulations on picking Notre Dame to win the DMR, that shows some inkling of track genius. Seykora dropped a bomb with two laps to go and gapped Margo Malone by about 7 seconds over the last 500m. It is interesting to look at Don Rich's pictures of the end of that race. I wish they would post the video of that race.

    DRJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3rd outdoors in the 1600m is what i was talking about, and i was just hoping malone would pull through to the level she was at during outdoors last year ... trust me seed times are overrated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes seed times are not always accurate but in this case
      the seed times were a better predictor of place than your list

      A track genius like yourself knows that the art of predicting races is
      Knowing how much weight to give to seed times as a predictor of future performance

      Delete