Search Engine

Watching Some Videos

So right now I literally have two tabs up and I am going to watch some of the race videos and then write about my first impressions after watching them.

Just watched the mile.
First off gotta give credit to Moran for pushing this thing in the middle, but unfortunately that kind of tactical error end up costing him a higher podium finish as I think he realized how much he had left a little too late in the race. Willig ran great of course, but was definitely tying up a bit as he came to the finish. That's what made the finish look so close. Willig kind of took off earlier but when Huemmler passed Coyle the two really closed the gap. Huemmler helped pull Coyle to that fast time with his big move at the end, Coyle just has a bit more speed right now it seems. Both kids will be fun to watch next year. Great close by Steiner, he didn't get caught up in any of the fancy moves he just stayed out of trouble, saved energy and proved why he is a game, and definitely a guy to watch in the 3200 outdoors (no Dustin Wilson people). Tony Russell is going to be good, I think everyone agrees about that. He was in this race for a while. He just needs the experience. Jaskowak of course, good solid racing. He, I believe, will also benefit from a move to the 3200m come outdoors.

Just watched the 3k.
So obviously there is reason Dustin Wilson won my little side poll over here and the kid took care of business. Easily won that race and I take it slowed down a bit in the middle there but it is easy to do that when you are winning by that much. Looked comfortable crossing the finish line which makes me think he is thinking gold at NBIN in the near future. I can't imagine his best is 8:39, he can run that in his sleep (ironically that is the only way I can run that fast, in my dreams) so I expect to see much faster soon. Hibbs had a nice finish, Aziz had some guts but perhaps a little too ambitious. Brendan I think ran smart, he just isn't quite ready to beat these guys. But this is his first indoor season and there is only so much a swimmer can do. Ferruzzi of course sat back and picked people off, that's how I've seen him run his best. Kind of stuck in no man's land for a bit. Same for Kuchta. He ran solid, mixed it up and should be a factor outdoors for a medal. The rest of that race really developed nicely in the race for the medal. They had a good pack going and it was a sprint to the line decided by less than a hundreth of a second in one case. DeBarbarie is a gamer, gotta respect this guy. Three hard 3ks in a row and he comes out with an 8:55 and outkicks some really talented guys.

I told myself I didn't want to see it, but I just watched the 4x8.
Now I probably sound pretty babyish, but I am pretty upset that I didn't jump on this team for the W earlier. I need to get a bit more guts. But that's all I'm gonna say, I'm done talking about me. To the race. Pennridge really went out and dominated this race. Tons of confidence, came on strong at the right time. Penncrest was a little underwhelming, but they are adjusting to this stage and being the favorite. Some pressure will be off them come outdoors. Looked like great back legs for CB West (although it was hard to tell with lots of yellow) but they were behind early and made up a lot of ground. Didn't expect this at all from those guys so very impressive. I'm guessing Metzler had a pretty solid split. North Penn ran tough as always, LaSalle just too tired to overcome the deficit in the early stages. MacCauley looked like he had a solid anchor leg on the double, looked like a bit of a rough weekend for Trimble. Again hard to tell because they were wearing uniforms that were very different from the usual. And of course Strath Haven did well, better than I thought they would manage. I'd say Huemmler had a pretty impressive day, looked like he had a very nice anchor split.

3 comments:

  1. Does anyone know if there will be a video for the DMR going up on PennTrack? or where to find out? Please post a think. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked that on the forums for PennTrack. There will not be a video, but if you are looking to see how the race went, it's on Youtube.

    -RTJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to find it, could you post the link on here my friend?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete