Search Engine

Prediction Contest

As you may or may not have heard, this past weekend, I competed in a snow covered Conference Championship meet about 2 hours from my dorm. This, naturally means two things. 1st, I ran a very slow time even though I think I finished 17 places higher than the previous year (about a 20% increase), went painfully numb in various place I care not to discuss publicly, and finished wet and cold and miserable. And no that's not what she said.

But the 2nd fact was much more painful/depressing/upsetting to me. I was away from a computer for two days and I failed to update my loyal blog followers (appearently I'm to 3 now which is very exciting) on the district championships results that had been coming in from the weekend.

Well folks, I'm back and hopefully will not be facing the piles of school work I faced this past week, which means I can dedicate myself to covering the upcoming state championships like nobody's business.

First though, while I have everyone's attention, I want to say a few things about the district one championships from this past weekend. First off major props to Magaha, he looks unbeatable after that performance ... but I suppose we will get to that later in the week. Also huge congrats to Ned Willig and Great Valley. They really redeemed themselves from a rough patch earlier in the season and look like a legit top 5 contender at the state championships. Also quick shout out to my summer training partner Francis Ferrruzzi, great race kid.

Finally, just wanted to give a hearty congrats to a couple guys who I have watched grow up in the past few years, training hard, but just missing states this past Friday, Jon Hartsough and Sam Brooks. You guys both had fantastic seasons and should be proud of the strides you've made over the past years, even if it didn't quite work out as you might have hoped, keep your heads up.

But this post is not about shout outs or pretending like I'm friends with a bunch of good runners or kissing up to people and name dropping or anything like that, as much as I would like to keep bringing up people like my possible future training partner from CR North who ran a nice 16:44 this Friday, but serious I'm done. Moving on.

At some point later this week I will be posting my state predictions including: The top 5-10 teams (not exactly sure how deep I can go here, definitely can go through 6 or so, after that I'm fuzzy), my top 50 AAA boys (going to be a bit of a tough one here with a lot of names, but I'll give it a shot) and my top 25 AA boys (again this will probably look very rough, especially at the end, but just work with me). Hopefully each of these will come with some in depth analysis and be up by around Wednesday this week so people can check them out. Keep your fingers crossed.

Now, some of you are probably looking up at the title of this post and wondering when the heck is this kid going to stop bragging that he is a boss because he ran through snow and knows Francis Ferruzzi and tell us what the heck this Prediction Contest is. Well, this is the part of the post where your questions are answered.

For this upcoming state meet I challenge you all out there to correctly name more of the 25 state medalists in either AA or AAA boys. Order does not matter, I'm only looking for names. You can list up to 25 names, and as little as one name if you really want to (although I am fairly confident you will not beat with just one name, not to sound like the dude, but I mean my roommate from Vermont can probably get 10-12 just from living with me and listening to me blabber all day).

All you have to do is post a list of your 25 state medalists (chose just AA or just AAA for each entry. You can enter once for each, but keep the lists seperate because they will be scored seperately). Like I said all I need are the 25 names and your name. If you get the guy who finished 25th it is the same value as getting the guy who finished 1st.

Lists can be posted either as a comment on the blog, as a facebook message to me, as a post on penntrack as long as you address the post to me and post up a link to the blog (yay advertising), as a penntrack message to me, or as a text message to me.

Hopefully we can have some fun with this and in a week hopefully I won't be crying that all of my readers know the state better than I do. Game on gentlemen.

-train

13 comments:

  1. Fantasy draft again anyone? PS- We need a new draft name... nick gibson is kewl isnt quite cutting it for me...damn sean making up dumb names
    PPS- your welcome for becoming your 3rd follower etrain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 25 AAA:
    Drew Magaha
    Max Norris
    Dan Jaskowak
    Sam Hibbs
    Connor Quinn
    Brett Kelly
    Brent Kennedy
    Andrew Kuchta
    Mike Runco
    Alex Moran
    Connor Strynkowski
    Connor Harriman
    Logan Steiner
    Jeff Groh
    John Felts
    Ned Willig
    Evan Williams
    Ryan Hertzog
    Vinny Todaro
    Sean Burke
    Aaron Wilkinson
    Tom Coyle
    Dan Savage
    Austin Pondel
    Dominic Deluca

    I am worried about a few, especially Deluca, because he's young, but I think that most are pretty likely.

    -Orange Seven

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAA

    Drew Magaha
    Sam Hibbs
    Dan Jaskowak
    Connor Quinn
    Tom Coyle
    Korey Replogle
    Dylan Mountain
    Logan Steiner
    Mike Runco
    Ean Disilvio
    Ned Willig
    Jeff Groh
    Sean Burke
    Aaron Wilkinson
    Connor Harriman
    Brett Kelly
    Brent Kennedy
    Tony Russel
    Dan Savage
    Dan Davis
    Alex Moran
    Francis Ferruzi
    Max Norris
    Austin Pondel

    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAA Boys: In a particular order.

    1. Sam Hibbs
    2. Drew Magaha
    3. Ned Willig
    4. Logan Steiner
    5. Conner Quinn
    6. Dan Jaskowak
    7. Max Norris
    8. Alex Moran
    9. Andrew Kuchta
    10. Brett Kelly
    11. Aaron Wilkinson
    12. Luke Jones
    13. Tom Coyle
    14. Connor Strynkowski
    15. Mike Runco
    16. Korey Replogle
    17. Francis Ferruzi
    18. Dan Savage
    19. Jack Macauley
    20. Connor Harriman
    21. Dan Davis
    22. Mike Bilotta
    23. Ean Disilvio
    24. Jeff Groh
    25. Dylan Mountain

    - PaAllDay

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the record Luke Jones is AA I am pretty sure if u want to add a name feel free, just saying, great picks everyone keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I feel like an idiot

    REVISED RANKINGS IGNORE THE OTHER ONE

    1. Sam Hibbs
    2. Drew Magaha
    3. Ned Willig
    4. Logan Steiner
    5. Conner Quinn
    6. Dan Jaskowak
    7. Max Norris
    8. Alex Moran
    9. Andrew Kuchta
    10. Brett Kelly
    11. Aaron Wilkinson
    12. Tom Coyle
    13. Connor Strynkowski
    14. Mike Runco
    15. Korey Replogle
    16. Francis Ferruzi
    17. Dan Savage
    18. Jack Macauley
    19. Connor Harriman
    20. Dan Davis
    21. Mike Bilotta
    22. Ean Disilvio
    23. Jeff Groh
    24. Dylan Mountain
    25. Matt Willig

    -PaAllDay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only 24 so add Andrew Kuchta to my list

    -Brendan

    P.S. I <3 Mcstud

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris, I am all for another fantasy XC draft if someone organizes it again this year. I need to redeem myself from last years disappointing finish. And etrain, for my top 25 in a particular order I will choose
    1. Drew Magaha
    2. Sam Hibbs
    3. Dan Jaskowak
    4. Max Norris
    5. Connor Quinn
    6. Logan Steiner
    7. Mike Runco
    8. Connor Styrnkowski
    9. Alex Moran
    10. Ned Willig
    11. Tom Coyle
    12. Sean Burke
    13. Brent Kennedy
    14. Korey Replogle
    15. Brett Kelly
    16. Jeff Groh
    17. Aaron Wilkinson
    18. Dan Davis
    19. Dylan Mountain
    20. Dan Savage
    21. Dominic Deluca
    22. Andrew Kuchta
    23. Connor Harriman
    24. Mike Billotta
    25. John Felts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top 25 AAA

    1) Drew Magaha
    2) Dan Jaskowak
    3) Logan Steiner
    4) Ned Willig
    5) Conner Quinn
    6) Tom Coyle
    7) Brett Kennedy
    8) Sam Hibbs
    9) Max Norris
    10) Mike Runco
    11) Alex Moran
    12) Dylan Mountain
    13) Brett Kelly
    14) Dan Savage
    15) Korey Replogle
    16) Aaron Wilkinson
    17) Andre Kutcha
    18) Sean Burke
    19) Connor Harriman
    20) Jeff Groh
    21) Dan Davis
    22) Richard Lednak
    23) John Felts
    24) Evan Williams
    25) Tony Russell

    via phone~ cm of gm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I'm going to be that guy and predict AA. Partially because no one else has, and partially because I know it better. No particular order here.
    1. Brendan Shearn
    2. Barrett Kemp
    3. Curt Jewett
    4.Ryan Smathers
    5. Luke Jones
    6. Sam Williams
    7. Nate Tallada
    8. Aaron Valoroso
    9. Roy Hadfield
    10. Nat Fox
    11. Kelby Mullen
    12. Jeremy Parsons
    13. Ryan Archer
    14. Shawn Wolfe
    15. Jared Schatz
    16. Jordan Jackson
    17. Andrew Steeley
    18. Rico Galassi
    19. Sean Walker
    20. Caleb Lecker
    21. Dan Alexander
    22. Tyler Stelmack
    23. Josef Dipietrantonio
    24. Iyassu Berhanu
    25. Ryan Brown

    - that AA guy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alphabetical order, but not predicted finish order. Top 25 AAA.

    1. Billota
    2. Burke
    3. Coyle
    4. DiSilvio
    5. Ferruzzi
    6. Harriman
    7. Hibbs
    8. Jaskowak
    9. Kelly
    10. Kennedy
    11. Kuchta
    12. Macauley
    13. Magaha
    14. Moran
    15. Mountain
    16. Norris
    17. Quinn
    18. Replogle
    19. Runco
    20. Russell
    21. Savage
    22. Steiner
    23. Strynkowski
    24. Wilkinson
    25. Willig

    ReplyDelete
  12. Top 25 AAA

    1. Dan Jaskowak
    2. Ned Willig
    3. Connor Quinn
    4. Tom Coyle
    5. Logan Steiner
    6. Alex Moran
    7. Drew Magaha (Just because I don't think he's been really challenged yet)
    8. Sam Hibbs
    9. Brent Kennedy
    10. Mike Runco
    11. Max Norris
    12. Connor Harriman
    13. Connor Strynkowski
    14. Dan Savage
    15. Dylan Mountain
    16. Ean DiSilvio
    17. Korey Replogle
    18. Jeff Groh
    19. Andrew Kuchta
    20. Sean Burke
    21. Aaron Wilkinson
    22. Dominic Deluca
    23. Austin Pondel
    24. Brett Kelly
    25. Richard Lednak

    ReplyDelete