Search Engine

Thanks

I logged on to my blog account yesterday, checking the money values at the top, still just a few dollars away from the $100 I needed to get my first adsense check. This morning, I woke up and I was there. It's pretty crazy to think that this month has taken the blog to a whole new level. I have always loved high school track, and I have never been able to stay away from the game. Talking to runners, reading up on results. Its hard to stay touch in while I'm away at college, but my readers and fans have really made me feel like I haven't quite lost my step yet. This is an extremely proud moment for me, to have made money just from writing about track, just from putting my passion out there for everyone else to see.

So now I sit here, listening to Up Up and Away by Kid Cudi, preparing to move on to Foster the People next, and pondering the new district results and the big race for Groh (finally pulled through and showed that potential I talked about a couple weeks back, now if only I could get Kutcha to do that). It's who I am, it's what I have become, and to some people it is all they know me as. I've talked to so many people online who I have never actually met in person, learned so many names with no face that I can put to them. It's been a crazy experience, over 4 years in the making, from my first penntrack posts until now.

I have to thank some people in particular if I'm really going to do this properly. First of all I'd like to thank my parents. They have always been great supporters of letting me do whatever I wanted to do sports wise and have encouraged me to do what makes me happy and believe in my ideas. Without them,this blog would never have been started. Another huge, huge thanks to my brother Luke. He started this blog, set me up with Adsense and really helped me get the technology going on this thing. Without him etrain would have died out a long time ago, but now the legend is perhaps bigger than ever.

And of course the fans, everyone has been so supportive of me and asked great questions and contributed positively to discussion. Some guys in particular like the UD guys back home, Todd and Francis and even guys like Evan Mao who stay up on reading everything. The Muhlenberg guys, half of whom have no idea what any of this stuff is about like Will and Kenny and Bobby and Charlie and Andy and Luke and many more, but still read and click and ask me about how things are going.

And so many more great people, this is really a team effort, and the last month has just really humbled me.

Good luck to everyone as championship season winds down.

Stay classy
-train

4 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for your dedication to the sport. Cross country is a great sport and fans like you make it better. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo heres what i think is gonna happen, that kid who won states in 08 in the mile is gonna team up with that guy in two and a half men who is also in that 70s show and they are going to fight the deleware cross country state champion of this year and some random guy who works in some wendys somewhere in arkansas. the fight is going to be over miley cyrus and etrain. then a big explosion is going to happen for no reason. after all the smoke has finally cleared away all fighters will realize that the wendys guy is dead. after this astonishing discovery the fighters realize that they were fighting for no good reason. once they are done hugging they will go to the wendys in arkansas where that random guy worked, lets call him al, and they will tell al's friends and co workers what happend. although al meant alot to these employees they will be pissed because etrain did not do a good job blogging the 07 indoor track invitational at upper dublin. this will bring shame and misfortune on jarrets family forever. the upper dublin track team will join the nba only to lose to the new york knicks in the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo for everyone who didn't know, etrain straight killed it today at the Centennial Conference championships at Dickinson. He finished 7th for Muhlenberg and will be running at regionals in 2 weeks. There was a good 6 inches of snow on the ground today and everything. what a BAMF.

    ReplyDelete