Search Engine

Top Team Rankings

1. O'Hara
At this point all I can say is Duh. They have to choke to lose at states.
2. Mt. Lebanon
Very nice step in the right direction, great pack running (perhaps saving a little bit for the big meet next weekend), Moran may not be a state title contender at this point, but he is still a great #1, and the pack made a big statement at TSTCA
3. North Allegheny
I have a lot of confidence is this program, they look to be on the rise after a great day at TSTCA especially for Steiner who got a huge win and looks to really be rounding into shape. Unfortunately I just don't see how they can beat Lebo at this stage. Appman can definitely run a bit faster, maybe Bojarski too, but Lebo has the same kind of ifs and buts.
4. WCHenderson
Showed a bit of weakness, Barchet won't be back, Russell was out, Grab didn't run too well. Not a problem against Great Valley, probably won't be a problem against the rest of the D1 teams, but hey, if those problems linger with a young team at the big dance, there will be trouble. On the bright side they still had 5 guys run very well even though half of them no one has ever heard of.
5. North Penn
I could see them taking Districts. Don't think they will, but I could see it. Obviously I've been on their bandwagon for so long that most of my readers are sick of hearing about it, but I think the program works. Trimble looked great at Suburbans and I've always been a Jack MacCauley fan. I think he will be top 5 at districts.
6. Great Valley
Gosh, its tough to put them this high, but they gave Henderson a bit of a run for their money, the Willigs look like they are rounding into shape at the right time, some other runners like Zatlin have made solid improvements, and Lehigh, in theory, favors their strength which means they could surprise some people. Also the other teams around them just weren't doing it for me this weekend.
7. LaSalle
I like Coyle, I like the program, but the pack was just too far back at PCLs, Muldoon and company almost surprised them at the finish. I liked better what I saw at Manhattan, but obviously you can never count this team out.
8. CR North
Continued to do what was expected, well done kids, not much more that I can say.
9. Kiski Area
Without Lednak they looked much, much worse. With him they would have been third almost without a doubt. If he's healthy, this team will make noise this weekend, if not their 4-5 will kill them.
10. Holy Ghost Prep
Yes I am trying to not be biased toward District One but I honestly think these guys look good. Israel out front looks like the real deal, Horgan is no slouch, and Lehigh is usually kind to this squad.

Others worth mentioning:
Chambersburg, Lower Dauphin, Governor Mifflin, Altoona, Central Catholic, Pennsbury, Quaker Valley

5 comments:

  1. http://pa.milesplit.com/meets/97011/results/172529 This is the paul short results from this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see your point, but here's what I'm saying
    10/23/11 ... that's today's date

    Things have changed a lot for Great Valley in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous-

    Not sure if you are trying to make a case for Holy Ghost to be higher in the rankings (I assume thats what your doing...), but if you take a look at the Carlsisle results ( http://pa.milesplit.com/meets/97011/results/172529 ), Holy Ghost does'nt even look deserving of a top 10 spot (beaten by Lower Dauphin, Chambersburg, Central Catholic, State College and Altoona), none of which are in the top 10 (Although they were only 70 pts out of 3rd). The same exact guys scored in both meets (in the same order i think), so its not like they did poorly because someone was absent. Of course being 70 points behind Lower Dauhphin isn't poor, but it is not top 5(or 6) worthy either. I think Holy Ghost is placed fairly accurately- though they definitely do seem to have potential to contend with some of those top 6 or 7 teams at States.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't la salle beat Great Valley once or twice already this season? there pack had 4 under 17 minutes on a tough belmont course and the 5th at 17:10. people should watch out for them to do very well in the state

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll change your tune on Henderson after districts. With Russell back and a better race from Grab they should win easy. O'hara has a great 5, but not the depth of Henderson. One O'hara guy has an off day at states and they don't even come in second.

    ReplyDelete