Search Engine

Thoughts

So my phone is broken and I picked today of all days to forget my key and be locked out of my room. Fantastic day, I know and I'm going to try my best not to brag too much. But here's the deal, when life gives you lemons, you make a blog post about some of the thoughts going through your mind.

First of all, gotta say there are a lot of questions state wide about the WPIAL guys like Moran, Kutcha, Westwood etc. Now obviously Moran and Kutcha have struggled a bit of late, I don't know if this is a product of some tough race conditions, over confidence, over training or just a product of other guys getting better. I wish I had an answer for everyone. I don't think Westwood is injured just because he didn't race at PreStates but no guarentees. He is one of the few guys who has been in my top 10-15 all season who hasn't produced a race that makes me scared and dropped him down the list. That's why he is still so high up. Very solid race at RWB, great, improving team, excellent track season, top Senior returner from AA states last year. Thsoe kind of stats help the resume, then you add on the fact that he hasn't done anything to blow it so far and he's in the top 10.

Here's the truth of the matter, more top guys have lost to seemingly no name guys than ever this season. What's this mean? Well at first I thought it meant I didn't know the true top guys. But strictly by the numbers we look at the top returners from states and the top track times and those things honestly have been pretty much tossed out the window. Especially on the west coast. We are just going to have to wait it out and see who peaks when. Still plenty of season left.

Big talk about Dan Savage recently, everybody is on his bandwagon. Didn't know he was sick at pre states, thats my mistake. Good race this weekend, but I'm more concerned with how close he was to other names and which guys he beat rather than the time. To me the time means nothing. Magaha's 16:20 is infinitely more impressive because he beat Sam Hibbs. End of story. So to the guy on penntrack who tried to throw times at us, I'm sorry but I don't want to hear about that arguement.

Savage is the #1 guy on the state's best team right now so of course he is going to get talk. Give me one more race against some PA names I recognize and I can make a decision on how I feel. Until then I'm sorry I just haven't seen enough to be swayed either way.

But here's the thing I'm wondering most of all. I've got 6 votes for other on the side of the poll here at the time I'm writing this. Who are the guy's that everyone else is picking? Kinda curious about that so comment it or facebook message it or something.

My phone, as of now, is broken so I sincerely apologize to anyone who I have not texted back. That is all.

-train

No comments:

Post a Comment