Search Engine

3200m Predictions: AA

Out of this group of two milers Williams, Josef, Shearn, and Archer will be doubling with the 1600m so they will have one extra race under their belt in comparison to the other guys in the field. That being said it is the day before and I don't see a 4:25ish effort really killing any of these guys. In the race the two front runners are clearly Shearn and Galassi. Both guys have very solid PRs and Shearn dropped a very solid solo 9:20 effort last weekend. I expect this thing to be fast, Galassi has a kick and Shearn has never been one to just sit around.  This is a pretty talented field for a AA 3200m so I expect things to be quick and the groups to string out. It is going to be tough for some of these guys to hang around on the quick pace and there should be two packs that develop. I foresee Shearn heading the group and Jones, Williams, Josef and maybe Kemp to be able to hang. Archer should be up there as well, maybe Valoroso. Not all those guys can handle 9:20 pace obviously, so there could potentially be some blow ups in the top group, especially if things are hot.

Ultimately, I think Shearn has to do most of the work, and will make the race, but I think Rico is going to have the wheels at the end to take the W. Not only that, but Rico put all his eggs in the 3200m basket, and I think that may help if this thing is close (which I anticipate it to be). Shearn, however, is much stronger than the rest of the field and won't go away easily. I have him a close second. After these two things could go in a number of directions. I opted for Luke Jones at the 3 spot, he was clutch in XC and I feel a fast pace will help him. Williams has been there before and has a low 9:20s PR so I have him hanging in there for 4th, potentially for 3rd as well. Josef Di has been flying under the radar all season and I think he will show everyone that he is a force in this race, could have a very strong last 800m. I have Barrett Kemp taking down 6th, purely on past results at the state meets. He is a great cross guy and I anticipate him showing up at states for the second year in a row. I have Schatz picking off some guys in the middle of the race and Archer hanging on as these two take 7th and 8th for the medal spots.

I was pretty off on times last week, so hopefully these will be a little closer:

AA
1. Galassi 9:15
2. Shearn 9:15
3. Jones 9:22
4. Williams 9:24
5. Dipietrantonio 9:25
6. Kemp 9:32
7. Schatz 9:34
8. Archer 9:35

Sleeper picks for deeper fantasy leagues: Tallada, DeBarbarie, Valoroso (mentioned earlier)

8 comments:

  1. what are you thinking? shearn all the way!
    -reppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Shearn 9:11
    2. Galassi 9:14
    3. Williams 9:20
    4. Dipietrantonio 9:21
    5. Jones 9:21
    6. Kemp 9:23
    7. Archer 9:27
    8. Schatz 9:30
    8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shearn 9:18, 4:49-4:29 splits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way they go out that slow

    ReplyDelete
  5. With shearn on the double, I could see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep in mind the 32 is the first event on saturday, so he will only have 1600m trials under his belt, not the finals ... the trials in theory shouldn't take too much out of him and may serve as a nice warm up to get his juices flowing for the 32 ... think galen rupp at the 08 olympic trials running in the 5k trials before the 10k to get warmed up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the support everyone, but its not necessary there is nothing better then proving mr. etrain wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete