Search Engine

Post States

The problem inevitably with making predictions for a state meet is you are going to overestimate some people and underestimate others. And naturally the people that you underestimate are going to tell you about it. But hey, I love seeing someone break out onto the scene and drop jaws.

So where do I begin? I guess the natural thing is to give out some congrats to the guys who did the best job proving me wrong. First off nice race by Brendan Shearn, nice gutsy front running style. Maybe made a move a a lap too early ... But hey that's what broke Galassi. Jaskowak was sick in the 3200 as well, running from the back and making a huge push. The kid has to be one of the favorites to win states in XC in 2012 (did somebody say etrain top 50?? it's coming folks). Congrats to the District 3 squads! Big runs by both of them and a very exciting race. I believe that Holder and Kunzweiler dropped 1:51s and I think Logue was in the 1:52 range. Those times are sick. Rotz too with a nice double to hold on in the 1600m finals. Moran really capped off his season nicely out there. Really worked hard for the win and pulled out his best state meet race I have ever seen him run. And lastly killer run by Wil Bailey, pretty sick run. Kunzweiler too, pretty sick double for the youngster.

I'll get back to you guys on some of my other opinions as the days go on (I'm going to need stuff to post about let's face it). I don't know what happened to Magaha guys sorry :(.

Also splits! Relay splits and order! (Down to the tenths ideally folks) I not only want to update my file, but I want to help update a friend of mine's file as well.

Congrats again to everyone who competed at the meet, you are all champions in your own right.

Anyone who won a state medal and wants to talk about their experience please message me and I get you up here on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Cburg splits Rotz - 1:54.1, Harriger - 2:01.5, Powell - 1:56.4, Holder 1:51.5. Awesome race.

    ReplyDelete