Search Engine

Alright Folks Just One More Time

So I just want to put this on the record. Please everyone, let's move on from what has recently happened on the blog. There was a bit of a disagreement and I didn't react in the proper way going to the blog and just stirring up more controversy. I'm sure I could have explained to Mr. Shearn what upset me about his post in a better way. But I assure you that post was not because of one person. There had been a stream of built up ideas on this blog from critiques and I wanted to try and set the record straight.

I apologize to Mr. Shearn for causing such a big commotion over this and I hope my explanation was at least adequate enough for him to see my side even if he does not share my opinion (and I don't expect him to share it honestly because it is just that, an opinion).

So please everyone, let's stop commenting on this stuff before thing's get out of hand. We have XC season to get excited about and hopefully some other things in store.

Anything offensive or overly argumentative from here on in I am deleting. I have let this get too far, and I am not going to let things go any farther.

Now if anyone has any XC stuff they would like to talk about to break the awkward silence right now hit me up :)

Yours now and forever,
Train

10 comments:

  1. Does anyone have the list of teams for the new "middle" xc classifications? Who looks to be the big teams to challenge for states? Any good big schools dropping g down or small schools moving up

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are the classes http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/2012-2013_Summary_of_Qualifiers_XC_Three_Classes.pdf
    This is the list without the classes in place. But based on this Grove City (Jaskowak) will be AA.
    http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/documents/Cross_Country_Boys.pdf I'm assuming PIAA will release this again with the new classification information soon.

    It will be many 300 to 400 schools moving down to AA from AAA.

    To address a question from another blog post about district 12: For a team to go to states with 5 guys is basically impossible, because District 12 sends 1 team and 5 individuals. Therefore the team (LaSalle for example) in second would have to have all of their qualifiers in the top 12 and not have anyone from a lower finishing team beat them. (so if O'Hara had 5/7 runners in positions 1-10/12 LaSalle would have to do the same thing and lose).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are a jr.heading into senior year when does the heavy recruiting begin,I have had some contact with coaches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. July 1st is when you can be called and make official visits I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance of a meet of champs? That would be the best thing for the state with the new 3 classification system.
    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could do something like Henserson distance festival preview (I think the high school pf list should be out soon) or doing something on your thoughts for nationals. Also another idea, some of the best 1-2 (or 3) punch combo's for xc this year

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second everything that the person above me says, and......
    I have some questions on XC:
    How do you think the teams with great 4x8s (CV, Chambersburg, Pennridge, Bensalem, etc.), will do on the trails?
    Will any PA runners make FLN or NXN? If so, who?
    Who are some dark horses that can surprise for a medal at states? (By "dark horse", I mean at least in the mid-30s in your top 50 and preferably unranked)
    Is the team race as simple as Henderson vs. O'Hara?
    Will it be a down year for the WPIAL? Who will be the new leaders out west?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i'm going to have to make a full post for this one haha, expect something tonight or tomorrow

      Delete
    2. Well CRN will be in it for the team title, and look for Mac, Ross, and James to be close to the level of the North Hills Trio of two years ago. O'hara and Henderson are more balanced. Groh and Nissley of Lower Dauphin will be a very good 1-2 punch as well.

      Delete
  8. checked the piaa site and looked at the 3 classification split for soccer - assuming xc schools are the same and etrain's list - the middle classification (AA) would include:
    Grove City, No Schuykill,North East, Big Spring, James Buchanan, Corry Area, Harriton, Holy Ghost Prep, Dallas, Towanda and Lower Moreland. Lots of talent there - maybe as much as AAA? these could be 11 of the 18 teams in the state title race (note that even AAA will go from 24 to 18 teams - ouch)

    ReplyDelete