Search Engine

Question 1

Thanks for all the support everybody! It was great to see my little post warranted to so many responses and as I jump back into posting in the coming days this should be a big help to stir up some serious discussion. Things really ramped back up with that post and I'm excited to see where the coming weeks take us.

Well I don't have to tell you things that you already know, but lets face it the weather at Penn was worse than most years, definitely cold, and a lot of inexperience was on the starting line. You have to know what you are facing at Penn and those teams were a little behind the times. Also I just think PA may not be as deep as in years past.

The DMRs were solid once the weather got better. Great legs by Coyle and Stone, especially Coyle, Stone's big race came at Henderson (no Coyle at Henderson btw unless I missed something, I'm sure he's not hurt but just interesting to see). Trimble was solid, the O'Hara boys had a tough day but there is no doubt they can run (4x8 is developing there nicely to go with all the 2 mile guys they should have at states), and Great Valley had a great lead off leg from Billy Wolffe who is coming on strong. Ned wasn't impressive, but coming off that injury you had to think there would be some trouble. Perhaps a 4x8, 8 double coming outdoors. No Magaha vs. Willig action again.

Except maybe in the 4x8 at Districts or in the double in the 8.

But those are topics for a different time.

Really out of the 4x8s at Penn Spring Ford definitely impressed the most. They managed to put up a very solid time under the conditions and almost sneak in to COAs. DT West was my personal disappointment because they have a lot of fire power to do well at states. If they ran well I would have picked them for state champs this spring. Still keep an eye on them.

CValley is solid, Chambersburg is solid, don't care what you say they are legit in my eyes.

Great Valley may try the 4x8 who knows? Like I said Willig seems to make sense in the 4x8 8 double if he wants it. He doesn't seem like a me first kind of guy.

LaSalle to me doesn't make sense to go 4x8. Stone and Coyle are head and shoulders above the other 2 legs and I think it would kind of be unfair to them to not let them have their shot at individual glory (perhaps even a shot at gold in the right race who knows?).

Kiski! Gotta talk about them, don't sleep on that squad out west. North Allegheny and Lebo have pieces but I'm not sure they will want to put that squad on the line at states. Kiski is a sleeper pick for a state title in the 4x8 gents don't sleep on em.

Don't see Haven, don't see Henderson, maybe Bensalem.

Do see Penncrest, should have a big bounce back for sure. They were the big dogs indoors, they may be the top team outdoors when all is said and done.

And of course Pennridge has two studs. But they scare me a lot. Those other two legs need to step up and pull together the kind  of times we saw from the "weak" legs indoors. If that happens this squad won't lose outdoors. Til I see that happen I got DT West or Chambersburg for gold at Ship.

But a lot can change.

So yeah the answer to the original question. Weather sucks, too big of a race, not the prime time experience performers as we have had in years past.

You know what it is.

13 comments:

  1. No coyle at Henderson because of prom, same reason why I wasnt there the next day. Oh and because I was furious with the fact that it wasnt run. By it I mean the 3200m.
    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brendan, you talk too much. keep your panty hoes tied up because no one really likes a guy that talks about himself. yeah, you're "PRETTY" good... but do you see the great magaha/willig talking about themselves? nope.

    -an ex-fan til you opened your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let (this BS) go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. From TAKEN Punk ass!!!!

      Delete
  3. I am very sorry you feel that way about me, I dont mean to come off as how I do, and I will no longer talk about running. I would never compare myself to willig or magaha or dustin, they are all far more accomplished runners then myself. Sorry for ever offending you or anyone else. Il do my best to remain silent about my career from now on.
    Brendan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let your times do the talking!!!! There will always be haters, doubters and neigh-Sayers...Ive met alot of the guys you compete against.....I havent met anyone I havent liked....The distance runners of Pa for the most part are an incredible bunch of guys!!! Hard working, honest, sincere diligent guys.....everyone knows what it takes to be at the top of their game....tons of hours, hundreds of miles...forgoing "FUN" for training, racing, nutrition and sleep. People who hate on you are usually extremely insecure, weak individuals who lack motivation, lack the drive to succeed or are missing the big picture about what runnings all about!!! I know by the replies on here that most of these guys "GET IT". I feel sorry for the sad individual who just has to spew venom and hatred just because they dont feel good about themselves or what they have personally accomplished!!! I feel sorry for you....I feel sorry that you dont feel good enough about yourself. I hope Its not because you dont live up to you/your parents expectations.....If you toe the line and give it your all you should be proud of yourself!!!! Sure Brendan has accomplished some really great things in his career....Ive met alot of great guys that have done similar!!! The real point is that regardless of where you end up...first last or somewhere in-between....fast slow or what ever.....If at the end of the day you have bitterness and anger....your missing the big picture.....you have already lost...TO BAD

      Delete
  4. It's cool to bash people from anonymous so nobody knows who you are. Brendan is a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and btw "pretty" good is an understatement for a state champ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Brendan, it's cool that you talk about your running. The way I see it, we're all friends here and it isn't bragging. Plus, you're AA so you have a solid reason to say that you want to represent for your classification. I'm all for talking track on a track blog. Mahaga and Willig and Dustin don't post but that doesn't mean we can't.

    Jack Huemmler

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't let one bad apple dampen your spirits. this site is about sharing thoughts/experiences. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mr. "Ex-Fan",

    I'm assuming you're some jealous kid, I don't know what your beef is with Brendan, but coming from someone who actually KNOWS him, as in we talk every day and I make an appearance to about 90% of his races, what are you talking about? Brendan is the most modest and least selfish person I know. He wanted to race at Henderson so bad (trust me, he was NOT happy when he found out it was postponed). He could have raced and ditched his prom date, but he had a commitment to prom for months, which I believe shows his loyalty. Also, for example, he's the only one I saw stay at the finsih line after demolishing the field and personally congratulate his competitors after they ran. He wants to push others and help them get their PR. Sure, he talks about running a lot, but it's not like he's saying "I'm awesome" and he has never, not once, even gloated about his performance at States, regardless of how awesome it was. And yeah, he is more than "pretty" good. He's hands down the most hard working person I've ever met. So, politely, put that in your juice box and suck it.

    Sincerely,

    a FAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "He's the only one I saw stay at the finsih line after demolishing the field and personally congratulate his competitors after they ran."

      That right there is true class. It is great to hear about competitor who is as polite as he is. From the times that I have talked to Brenden he has been a genuine guy that loves to talk about track (and dont we all?). Distance runners seem to have a culture that is all about modesty, respect, selflessness, and love for the sport. Brenden seems to define that culture.

      Delete
  9. Brendan probably just lapped this kid too many times in the 3200...

    ReplyDelete